Alerts may be created in two ways:
- Search Reaxys => enter terms=> click Find => hover over a set in the Results List and click Create Alert => follow prompts
- Click the History Tab (top row of the screen) => hover over an answer set and click Alert => follow prompts
- GRAPHIC SUMMARY
- GENERAL COMMENTS
Keep in mind that when a full retrospective search is first done many thousands of answers may be obtained and it may not be feasible to look through them all. Accordingly it may be necessary to narrow the answers in some way to obtain a manageable set of answers. Nevertheless some important answers may have been lost during this process.
However when alerts are created the number of answers (in the period to be updated, e.g., monthly) from the initial full retrospective search may be manageable, so consider an alert for the initial search.
- That is, 20,000 answers in a retrospective search over 30 years is not manageable, but this averages to around 50 per month (which is manageable).
Create an alert for information on ‘effect of antibiotics on gut microbiomes’
First you need to set up an account
- Click the Profile icon at the top right of a screen
- Click Account and enter your Reaxys Username, Email, and Password
- Next you need to perform a search e.g., the general search discussed in Workflow QS1.
This search gave over 3,600 Document Records
- Click the History Tab at the top of the Reaxys screen
- Hover over the answer set of interest
- Click the link Alert that appears
- Make any changes necessary, e., click the down arrow next to Frequency and specify the update required:
- Click Create Alert
Updates will be sent to your email address